Carpe Diem Viognier Reserve 2016

Carpe Diem Viognier Reserve 2016

R128.00

Category:

Description

Apricots, orange peel, citrus and biscuit aromas explodes in the glass and then follow through to the palate for a rich mouth feel with a lingering orange marmalade aftertaste.

> Download Tasting Notes – DF Carpe Diem Viognier 2016

 

VINTAGE: 2016


CULTIVAR: 100% Viognier


WINE OF ORIGIN: Wellington


HARVEST DATE: February 2016


YIELD: 4 ton/ha


VINIFICATION
Grapes were harvested very ripe. Settled for 24 hours at 10-12°C after which it was racked and inoculated. Slow alcoholic fermentation at 14-16°C in tank. 30% was fermented in new and 2nd fill 300L French oak barrels and the remaining 70% in stainless steel tanks. Making use of different yeast strains adds to the overall complexity of the wine. Wine was kept on the lees and stirred twice a week for the first 2 months to add to the mouthfeel and wood integration of the wine.

TASTING NOTES
Apricots, orange peel, citrus and biscuit aromas explodes in the glass and then follow through to the palate for a rich mouth feel with a lingering orange marmalade aftertaste.

FOOD PAIRING
Viognier is a food wine and complements a whole array of dishes. It loves spice and would be a great match for mild, creamy curries and spicy noodle dishes like Pad Thai. It also goes very well with a Chicken tagine or poached Salmon.

ANALYSIS
ALC:14% | TA:5.7g/l | pH:3.36 | RS:2.6g/l


> Back to all wines | Buy wine | View cart